Friday, October 23, 2015

Revive, Light, Settle

10/22 noon power w/Devyn

Revive. Class today was a thousand kinds of fun. There were just a few of us, all mostly inversion and arm balance junkies. Devyn taught a fun flow and stoked the energy in the room. There were laughs and so many smiles. A class like this is like reading or reciting a favorite Psalm. It restores my whole soul.


Psalm 23English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

  23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
    He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
    He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


10/22 7:45pm power w/Josh 

Light. Tonight was so fun too! I was all jazzed from a great pow wow with Dani, a strong effort from our kids, and my partner in JO Level 2 crime, Emma, came. The seahawks were playing, so there were few attendees, and the mood was just light. I held a super long handstand and played with Josh in headstand variations...until I fell :) But I laughed it off. Nothing really spiritual about tonight and that's ok. It's a different kind of selah, to laugh, to play. 

10/23 6ish am power w/Josh 

Settle. Josh was late today, and it was weird being on this side of that. I've done things like that before - and it can really rattle you. When the unexpected happens, it's important to take a step back, breathe and relax. As a teacher, if you're frazzled, you're not going to be an effective leader. Ground down. Be still. 

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment