Friday, October 23, 2015

Revive, Light, Settle

10/22 noon power w/Devyn

Revive. Class today was a thousand kinds of fun. There were just a few of us, all mostly inversion and arm balance junkies. Devyn taught a fun flow and stoked the energy in the room. There were laughs and so many smiles. A class like this is like reading or reciting a favorite Psalm. It restores my whole soul.


Psalm 23English Standard Version (ESV)

The Lord Is My Shepherd

A Psalm of David.

  23 The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not want.
2     He makes me lie down in green pastures.
He leads me beside still waters.
3     He restores my soul.
He leads me in paths of righteousness
    for his name's sake.
4 Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
    I will fear no evil,
for you are with me;
    your rod and your staff,
    they comfort me.
5 You prepare a table before me
    in the presence of my enemies;
you anoint my head with oil;
    my cup overflows.
6 Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me
    all the days of my life,
and I shall dwell in the house of the Lord
    forever.


10/22 7:45pm power w/Josh 

Light. Tonight was so fun too! I was all jazzed from a great pow wow with Dani, a strong effort from our kids, and my partner in JO Level 2 crime, Emma, came. The seahawks were playing, so there were few attendees, and the mood was just light. I held a super long handstand and played with Josh in headstand variations...until I fell :) But I laughed it off. Nothing really spiritual about tonight and that's ok. It's a different kind of selah, to laugh, to play. 

10/23 6ish am power w/Josh 

Settle. Josh was late today, and it was weird being on this side of that. I've done things like that before - and it can really rattle you. When the unexpected happens, it's important to take a step back, breathe and relax. As a teacher, if you're frazzled, you're not going to be an effective leader. Ground down. Be still. 

Be still and know that I am God. Psalm 46:10 

No comments:

Post a Comment