Monday, October 26, 2015

I don't mind, Story, Forward

10/25 8pm vinyasa w/Josh @District Yoga and Fitness

I don't mind. I napped through my regular Sunday evening class, and since I knew I wouldn't be getting an early bedtime, I decided to check out another studio. It was a little weird for, and the carpet (a Bikram thing) was different, but I'm glad I went. The class itself was on the easy side, but it doesn't necessarily bother me. And it's really good for me to have to do things that make me even a little uncomfortable (see two classes down for even more discomfort) and this was a good step. Plus, it was one of my favorite playlists :)


I really like this song. It reminds me how Jesus takes all our mess and claims it as His own. It also makes me think of marriage two becoming one, for better or for worse

Sorry for the mess
Say, I don't mind 

10/26 6am power w/Elvis 

Story. Today in class Elvis shared some of his personal journey from falling in love with yoga to teaching it, to now, a studio owner. I'm going to be sharing even more of my story later this week, but it made me so grateful to hear how a life unfolds, and to think of my own, unfolding to the glory of God. As my pastor has preached Genesis, he has been sure to remind us that all of human history is really His Story, the story of the God who made the world good, had it broken by His own creation, made a promise to fix it, sent His Son to die for it and will ultimately restore all things to the praise of His glorious name. 

"the Bible isn't a book of rules, or a book of heroes. The Bible is most of all a story. It's an adventure story about a young Hero who comes from a far country to win back his lost treasure. It's a love story about a brave Prince who leaves his palace, his throne - everything - to rescue the one he loves. It's like the most wonderful of fairy tales that has come true in real life! You see, the best thing about this story is - it's true. There are lots of stories in the Bible, but all the stories are telling one Big story. The story of how God loves his children and comes to rescue them" Sally Lloyd Jones, Jesus Storybook Bible 

10/26 noon Series 48 (Original 26 Bikram postures, 22 more, 2 breathing exercises) w/Whitney @District Yoga 

Forward. Today, I went to a Bikram style class. It was pretty clear I was the only Bikram novice, but Whitney was really great as an instructor. And there were people to follow when I wasn't sure what was going on (It happened more than once). And when all else fails, you just smile and keep moving forward. Practice makes progress, right? 

Here's what Josh and I did after class - 






By his own admission, I was holding him up on this one. It actually is really hard to do on both sides. We laughed a lot and fell some and then eventually found a little balance and a lot of strength. Never be afraid to look forward. 

forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead, I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:13b-14 

No comments:

Post a Comment