Friday, October 9, 2015

Smile, Strength, Focus, Oceans

These are going to be a little shorter for the most part. I've been having some more casual times lately and it's been a little harder for me to be reflective. I don't think it's bad, it's just simple. Maybe it's even good.

10/8 7:45pm power w/Josh 

Smile. Tonight I came to class excited, bright and jazzed. I had some fun news right before, and I came to class grateful. And guess what? Gratitude doesn't have to be quiet and serene. It can be loud, a goofy grin. It can be fun. Make a joyful NOISE unto the Lord, people. Enjoy yourself. It's just yoga.

10/8 9pm wild card w/Carly 

Strength. Carly is so strong. Her class is powerful and driven and focused. I love being in her class. It makes me feel like I can do anything. But then of course I remember Zechariah 4:6 not by strength nor by might, but by my power says the Lord. And it's only in HIm that I'm strong. Jesus, may strong classes help me see Your power over my own. Amen.

10/9 6am power w/Josh 

Focus. I knew this was going to be a practice of focus. After doubling last night, I had a bit of a trick falling asleep. Then I woke up bright and shiny at 4:30 despite having set my alarm for later, as I intended to drive. It was good, though, because I felt more aware of what I was doing. I was being rooted and mindful. I've found that taking the time to zero in on one verse or attribute of God can be incredibly grounding and change my entire day. Lately I've coming back to this, from 1 Timothy 4:4 - everything created by God is good. That will keep a gal grounded in gratitude.

10/9 noon power w/ Debbie 

Oceans. For some reason, during the drop in, I pictured an ocean. Debbie was a sub, and I really liked the scope of her cuing - not just the postures or even the breath, but the whole soul and being. I sang to myself: Spirit, lead me where my trust is without borders/Let me walk upon the waters/Wherever You would call me/Take me deeper than my feet could ever wander/And my faith will be made stronger/In the presence of my Savior. That song always just pulls me right in to the life, depth and satisfaction I have in Jesus. That was my meditation today: the deep, deep love of Jesus. It calls me into a secure, calm place of trust when He gives me the grace to be faithful.




No comments:

Post a Comment