Saturday, February 14, 2015

Proving I'm Human

The cleanse was just going too well, right? Elizabeth says today proves I'm human.

I woke up bright and early as usual, feeling just a little bit off. I couldn't place it though, so I read Leviticus, drank some morning tonic, and then went for a challenging full length flow video that included some inversions.

Afterwards, I was feeling quite nauseous but I blew it off, thinking it was because I had done some weird moves before I'd eaten. I drank some cold season tea, started my smoothie (complete with a half inch of ginger) and ate a ginger chew and I figured I'd be good.

Unfortunately, none of that helped. I couldn't even finish my smoothie until well after noon, when I was driving home from work. My head started feeling heavy and fuzzy and the nausea just kept coming. After my last class, Jordan asked if I was ok because I didn't look ok - she said I looked flushed and my eyes looked puffy and watery. I went home and changed, and later she said I looked better. My feelings of being hot went away, but the nausea and head tension stuck. I ate some of our carrot ginger soup with toasted pumpkin seeds, and a ginger larabar and some almond butter later on, but I was so uncomfortable pretty much all day.

We went to thrive and were tempted by their beautiful raw, vegan desserts (2 more weeks!) but enjoyed our smoothies nonetheless (I can't wait to get the celestial sea with the cacao - E tried it without and it was good, so imagine how wonderful it could be with it!).

I cooked a potato back at home and ate it successfully, even enjoyably, but my head still feels ow (I'm weirdly not sensitive to light - it hurts about the same when I'm under a blanket as when I'm out in the open) and nausea is still almost a constant.

I don't know what's wrong with me, but it's making me very uncomfortable. I'm just miserable enough that doing things is less fun but not so miserable that I don't want to do anything.

Definitely my worst day physically in awhile.

2 comments:

  1. Finally! I was off all week, culminating in a fever Friday that broke right as I was going to bed. Then I was back to feeling awesome by Saturday and today - just in time to give a positive review of the cleanse.

    ReplyDelete