Friday, February 13, 2015

"You look fresh!" (Updated)

This morning, roommate Rachel and I were chilling awaiting our packages (my manduka prolite mat came today and I am 4,000 kinds of in love) and she said, "you look good. Like your hair is all shiny and your skin is clear"

I thought this was perhaps because I showered last night and washed my hair and slept on it fairly wet (my hair does very well with this for whatever reason). 

Then, I was hanging out with an old coworker and she said "you look fresh!" 

So maybe this means the cleanse is working? 

Stay tuned for the cyclefit comparison class.

I had a really great relaxing day, even though it was technically "busy"once I hit noon - yoga, chiropractor, avocado smoothie date, cycle fit. I still felt springy when it was time for cycle fit.

I didn't have quite the crazy performance I had on Tuesday morning. I was hitting the more challenging gears and watt increases the instructor (David) offered, but I wasn't really going beyond that, and it felt like more of an effort to get there. If I felt tired, I didn't look it I guess, because the instructor kept pushing me. For the floor work, we were in two groups of there: one group of newer folks, one group made up of the instructor's fiance, Lane (longtime fan of David), and myself. The group I was in is the stronger group, who always takes the challenges, even if only for a round or two. During our last round, planks with feet on bosu, I noticed Lane and Nick on either side of me fading, while I was on one leg pulling my other knee in and then to the outside of my elbow and still feeling good. David noticed, too, so he came over and told me to put my hands on a medicine ball! That made it super hard. If you're having trouble getting the idea, try doing a plank with your hands on a wobbly surface. Then do it with your feet unstable. Then make it both. It's tough!

So I think the lack of grains and legumes may have caught up to me a little bit on the bike, but my core was still firing and ready to go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment