Thursday, February 12, 2015

Oh Coach Kate

Today at a preschool Valentine's Day party a child kept offering me things from the food table. The only one I accepted was grapes. But I did bring home a piece of freshly baked bread for Jordan. It was still warm! I was maybe a little jealous.

But on the plus, I still have infinitely more energy than my children. In the last two days, I've had entire classes of kids ranging in age from 2 - 10 lay down during class and just close their eyes. Even my rec team needed a minute to rest. And I'm just like, "Let's goooooo!" I even got the chance to wear out the boys team, and their coach, with the help of this video.

I have been working through some more back pain - it was pretty bad yesterday, so I didn't go to Stretch and Sculpt, and I was planning on toughing it out through Cycle Fit, but it was canceled. God must have been telling me something there ( I used the extra time to tidy up the kitchen while listening to a sermon on rest. I think it worked). The pain was still pretty noticeable today, but I had found some relief with yoga. Even though I'm new to this dealio, I've been paying attention to what really helps me out. So I did a lot of yoga this afternoon while Jordan did abs and squats, and my back feels so good now! I've struggled in and out of back pain ever since the great cheerleading incident of my early high school days, so it's been so wonderful to find something that brings comfort. 

Speaking of yoga, when my kids and I were talking about what we did today, one said, "Coach Kate, why do you always do yoga before our class?" and another replied, "Yoga relaxes your body and calms your mind. She needs that before she comes to deal with our crazy"

And I came home and E had made our smoothie. Beautiful.

I'm kind of bored of the cleanse, though. I just don't really care that much and the novelty has worn off. Plus, could it get any better? I don't really think so. So now I'm back to the probably won't do this again column.

No comments:

Post a Comment