Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Dandy Tea's Alright by Me

Day 2 of the cleanse brought my most intense day of exercise. I planned ahead and made chia pudding for after my first workout, and prepped mine and Elizabeth's smoothies to enjoy after workout #2 - before yoga, and after. I ate a delicious off menu but cleanse-friendly lunch of chickpeas, sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and hummus, had apples and almond butter as snack, made the "blueberry mint cooler", and yes, had, my first cup of dandelion root tea.

I was skeptical when Elizabeth told me the guidelines suggested replacing coffee with dandelion root tea. No way that could be similar! I kid you not, it smells just like my old go-to drink: coffee with espresso and two pumps of toffee nut. I can say, I'm a fan. Although, I do plan on continuing to drink coffee after the cleanse. Maybe less, though. Maybe.

I was most nervous about what would happen when the cleanse went social - mostly, community group. We share a meal, with everyone contributing. Now, they know I avoid animal products and am not eating meat, so they do things like cook the meat separately, and I usually volunteer to bring a big salad, roasted veggies, or a vegan soup, so that I know I can eat. Tonight, I lucked out: beans and rice. I brought salsa and avocados, someone else brought cilantro and green onions, and there were salad greens. Score! I did have to turn down the beer, though, which was kind of lame. But no big deal. It was easy, and super fun to enjoy time together. I also got to spend some quality time with 11 month old Grey. I definitely teared up while he was on my lap during prayer and we were thanking Jesus for making us all family in Christ. I wouldn't know his momma, and thus, him, if it weren't for Jesus. It was just such a sweet and tender time. Between that, and 4 year old Zoe grabbing my hand and her grandpa's as he prayed to bless the food, I was so blessed to see how wonderful and big and beautiful God's family really is.

Feeling soft and thankful and bright.

No comments:

Post a Comment