Monday, February 16, 2015

Happy President's Day

Today was a great day. It feels like spring here, I'm telling you. 

Since there was no preschool, I didn't have to go to work until 2! Instead of going to bootcamp, I went for a run (and made it about an hour and a half) and did post run recovery yoga. 



This is my new yoga mat. I love it. This is a frog, aka Manduka's logo. 

I also made some of those super healing muffins again, and naturally changed the recipe. 

Recipe: 
1 egg
1 banana 
2 tsp olive oil 
1/4 cup brown sugar 
1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour 
1/2 cup ground flax 
1/2 cup oats 
1 tsp baking soda 

My version (for a double batch): 
4 tbsp chia plus 4 tbsp water
1 banana and a half cup of applesauce (I only had one banana!) 
4 tsp olive oil 
3 chopped dates and maybe a 1/4 cup raisins? 
1/2 cup brown rice flour 
slightly less than 1 cup flax, filled to the top with ground hemp seeds (I ran out of flax)
1 cup oats 
2 tsp baking soda 
dash of vanilla
dash of arrowroot powder
a few shakes of baking spice 
a little salt 

And they still work, ok? They taste especially good with the three ingredient blackberry chia seeds jam (the third ingredient was vanilla) I made. 

Walked to work, caught up on some replenishing of bulk goods at the store (things like flax, and cumin. Important things). Work felt so chill today. I loved it. And Jordan, Elizabeth and I led uptown abs multiple times. One of the parents commented how fit the coaches are. 

I'm mostly really happy to be eating grains again. Really happy. It makes my life so much easier. 


No comments:

Post a Comment