Thursday, June 6, 2013

Work and Such

I started my new job! They have a very intense training process, so I will begin teaching my own classes in July. My off days are likely going to be Friday and Sunday. I will be working in the recreational gym, with all ages. The cool part about SGA is that they have a recreational team program as well. It's different from what I'm used to, but I think it's really exciting. With USAG, a lot of girls fall through the cracks. They can't get their backhand spring, and they never get to compete. Or they can't get their kip and end up quitting. SGA provides a fun and challenging space for girls who are never going to be great to be able to practice, set goals, and compete.  

Stay tuned on that. 

I had a fun time tonight chatting with the other girl who is subletting, Cat. She's from Ohio but goes to an arts school here. She also doesn't really know anyone here because her friends went home because it is summer. 

But Seattle is nice. It is for sure the most pedestrian friendly place I have ever experienced. The summers are nice and mild, and everyone warned me about how everyone freaks out when it snows a few inches in the winter. 

I am also out of shape. I don't know if it's this place or re-reading eat and run or coaching or the combo, but I want to be healthier. But I'm not going vegan anytime soon, folks, don't worry. 


2 comments:

  1. just wait till I get there. ONLY GREEN SMOOTHIES AND SALADS AND RICE AND BEANS.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have actually been doing alright in the eating department but I need to work out. But I eat chicken...but I also have a starter spice box and am pretty pro at delicious black beans.

      Delete