Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Hit By A Bird

This morning I woke up and somewhat impulsively decided I wanted to go hiking today. Yesterday was spent exploring a lot of the city and metro area so I thought I'd take a nice little drive today. 

I drove about an hour to arrive at River Meadows Park. It was beautiful. I am glad I took today to do something like this. I now know a good way to spend days off. 

The trails were not well marked, but it was easy enough to navigate. I had packed lunch and a blanket and a book so I was very happy for several hours.  

And yes, a small bird flew right into me. I'm not sure who was more frightened. 

Here are some pictures.  







I don't think you can tell from the picture, but I am actually in a tree here. I hung out there for awhile. 


I had a great time and was planning on exploring my neck of the urban jungle a little more but I am suddenly very sleepy. 









2 comments:

  1. Love this. The fact you were in a tree redeems the fact that you went hiking with blue nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was leftover from my graduation party!

      Delete