Friday, June 21, 2013

A Bunch of Things

First of all, I am officially certified in CPR and First Aid and based on all the other times I've been certified, the most pressing point about this is that I now make .06 more per hour (I have never used anything I learned in a class like this). But I also know how to preserve your life until the ambulance shows up. And how to yell at people who are making that difficult for me. 

Next up, whoever scheduled our first aid class fails. Who thought it was a good idea to have a class end at 4:30 in Seattle? Driving home was really fun. 

I have a library card! I had six choices of designs! There are twenty six branches of the Seattle Public Library, which is CRAZY. It's hard for me to wrap my brain around, because there is just one Waukesha Public Library, and one Beloit College Library. You can return books at any branch, and they all have slightly varied schedules. Many of them are not open on Fridays. I have now visited two. The one in my neighborhood is not terribly impressive, but the staff is ridiculously helpful.  

The developmental recreational program ended their season last week, and tomorrow night there is a sleepover. Guess who signed up to work that? Bring it on. 

I'm reading Exodus and I re-discovered a quote in my journal from the devotional I read at Lent, 

"They complained about the Lord's provision, not because he didn't provide, but because they weren't content with what he provided" 

Convicting much? God led the Israelites out of Egypt, provided manna for them to eat, and water always, and they complained. They were captives who had been set free and they were upset about that. How ridiculous. 

Oh wait

That's me. 



1 comment:

  1. "Convicting much? God led the Israelites out of Egypt, provided manna for them to eat, and water always, and they complained. They were captives who had been set free and they were upset about that. How ridiculous.

    Oh wait

    That's me."

    That happens to me all the time when I read or think about the Israelites... :P

    Excited for you in your new adventures!! :)

    ReplyDelete