Saturday, June 22, 2013

When I Was 12...

I am a shameless fan of Taylor Swift. Like a drive 4 hours to the middle of nowhere to see her first headlining tour kind of shameless. Mash up 7 minutes worth of T-Swift for the BCXC mix kind of shameless. Go to her concert with my sister and sit next to moms with their 8 year olds kind of shameless.

But this started when I was oh, about 16 or 17. You know, old enough to at least be around guys and have friends dating and whatnot. I get it.

I have long been skeptical of how young her fan base has become. I just don't think pre teens should be trying to emulate her where they are right now.

One of the girls in my class today said, "Love Story is my favorite song because I love fairy tales and princesses and weddings and brides".

Is it bad to love those things? No.

Is it perhaps problematic to constantly have value placed on being in a relationship? Yes.

I was thinking about what I listened to at that age




Maybe I'm remembering with rose-colored glasses but I feel like there were more options...

Regardless, I am so excited because I have a chance to make up some dance-y warm up routines and I have SO MANY IDEAS!

No comments:

Post a Comment