Monday, June 17, 2013

Roommates!

Now that the house for the summer is set, I will offer descriptions. Be warned, our house is not exactly "good" at actually talking, so much of my impressions of my roommates is based off of very little. Further, we all have weird schedules that don't really match each other so we mostly see each other in passing.

Sandy. Sandy is Korean. She was born in the US, and is from Bellevue, WA, but cooks Korean food all the time. I have not actually seen her eat meat, but that doesn't mean she doesn't. Her mom likes to drink; they left a restaurant because they were between liquor licenses and not serving alcohol. Sandy likes country music, especially Kenny Chesney. She walked at graduation (U-Washington) last week but still has to take summer classes in order to officially have her degree in psychology. She has a job at some sort of medical clinic or something and self-describes her drunken state as being elephant like,  despite being very small. She lives at this house year round. I think Sandy is the most extroverted of our house, and she is always very nice. She thinks Beloit College sounds like a dream come true (obviously). Oh, and she's currently in Mexico and I taught her how to pay for checked baggage online to make airports easier. She doesn't fly. She's also bad at cleaning her hair out of the shower...sucks when you're the only dark long hair in the house...we ALL KNOW WHO IT IS

Emily. Emily also graduated from U-Wash last week, pre-med. She is staying here over the summer in order to take an MCAT prep class or something of that nature. She is from northern Washington, or as she likes to say, almost Canada. Her mom is very bubbly and fun to talk to. Emily pretty much always wears basketball shorts and a fleece, and is known for not going out and always always always studying. She is at home next to Canada currently but I think she is coming back here soon. I have only seen her eat Rice-A-Roni, cereal, frozen pizza and chipotle burritos. She also likes country music. Emily is very sweet, even though we haven't actually seen each other that much. She wants me to teach her the guitar this summer, which I am definitely not qualified for, but I do have a Taylor Swift song book which I know for a fact she will like, and also all the stuff my teacher gave me when I first started so I will improvise.

Cat. She is from Ohio, but goes to an arts school (Cornish) in Seattle so she's familiar with the area. She is one of three sub leasers (including me). Cat and I have talked the most. She's lived in several different Seattle neighborhoods so she's been giving me tips on apartment hunting for Liztowne and I. She has a bunch of sisters and crazy stories from working at the downtown Forever 21. She misses her dog a whole lot. She also works at the Space Needle restaurant, which I think would be pretty cool. Cat also wishes her school were more like Beloit (again, duh. It's the best). She's taking a class this fall on how to design apps for phones and such! She's always drawing. We went to the park together on Sunday. Cat consumes more coffee than I do, and also enjoys cinnamon raisin bread, texas toast, and oatmeal. Sometimes ice cream. Cat is bummed because her friends are in bands that play in places she can't go to because they card and she is only 20.

Caroline. Caroline moved in yesterday so I don't know her story at all. Except she is rumored to be from Michigan and she is doing some kind of internship involving the environment. When I met her for a second, there was also a boy with her and he had a car but in the morning the boy and car were both gone so I don't know if they drove here from Michigan or what the deal is. I have literally not seen her. I peeked in her room though because she left the door open and she has a mac, and a copy of jane eyre on the desk. Her shoe collection is basically keens and hiking boots, and she has several frolfing discs. And some plaid/flannel. Oh, and she went grocery shopping and put vanilla yogurt, a quart of strawberries and mixed salad greens in the fridge and blue jello and a bag of unidentified food items on her shelf.

Cat and Caroline don't have cars so they could not get excited with me that I found gas 6 cents cheaper than the city median today on my way to work. But Betsy and Alissa were enthused via text message so I'm glad they've got my back.

The 5 of us girls should be able to make things work until the end of August. So far, we are all nice to each other, but mostly we keep to ourselves. Emma told me her first roommate when she moved here said, "I don't have to like you. We can just live here". Um so it could be weirder I guess.

1 comment:

  1. I feel sorry for cracking up on my end, but can't help it! There's going to be some interesting material on here soon, I can tell.

    ReplyDelete