Sunday, June 2, 2013

Long long long long long long day

This morning, still in Boise, I went to the Anne Frank Human Rights Memorial. It was awe striking. Not only did it honor Anne, her family and friends, and those who hid them, but it also served as a place to remember other human rights violations throughout the world and history, and to inspire us to make change where it is needed. I was blown away. I was also mildly upset by those who casually jogged or rode their bikes through the park. Maybe I'm being overly sensitive, but this is an important place, with an important message and I think it deserves some respect. 





There were quotes from so many human rights leaders and victims. 

Then I went to a very hipster church plant in downtown Boise. The service was better than I expected after the Mumford and sons start. Everyone was very friendly and the gospel was preached. 

Then I had a hard drive the first 6 hours were just real long. Then the traffic was crazy. I finally found a place to park in the city and then I had to call Betsy because I was stressed and overwhelmed. I ended up getting back on the freeway to go to a nearby mall so I could have a place to relax because I can't meet my roommates for another 45 minutes now. 

I am really glad Liztowne and I aren't living in the city. I  should be able to handle 3 months once I get used to it, but indefinitely? No. 

Ok I am in my summer home now. My roommates seem like we will get along just fine. My room will also be good. I can basically live anywhere though so I wasn't concerned about that. 

I have kind of a lot to do and figure out but that will happen ndank ndank (step by step). 

I still can't really grasp what I just did. I know I said I'm looking forward to being in  one place but now that I'm here I'm less sure. But once I start the job and find a nice church I'm sure I could feel differently. I think I have chronic postgrad/moving syndrome. I will recover. 




No comments:

Post a Comment