Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Time for a few More Things

Not as many as last time, I hope. That was a bit obnoxious.

1) My younger sister has a private tutor who comes to the home twice a week and calls me Kate Chopin.

2) My older sister asked me why I didn't go to the big demonstration today. If it weren't such a sensitive subject, I would've sarcastically said I liked Wade. However, I instead went with the safer but still sassy answer of "Next time I'll go if you go"

3) Suur naa (I'm full) is only useful when employed correctly. Say "suur naa" before you are actually full, because someone will certainly tell you you didn't eat (not eat enough, but eat at all). Then eat until you are full, repeat phrase, and get up.

4) I had white rice with chocolate powder on top as a snack today, and was surprised to have enjoyed it.

5) I had an avocado craving, which was strange because I rarely eat them in the US, and I hadn't even seen one here or thought about it until today. But tonight at dinner, we had salad with meat, egg, vegetables, and avocado. That was pretty awesome.

6) You came to let the slave go free, You cause the sinner to sing praise- in You we are secure. WHAT JOY!
- from "What Joy" by Sarah Emerson. This was His Little Feet's status today. It perfectly captured what my heart was trying to say right at the moment I read it.

7) Hebrews 6:19 has been an important verse in my life the past two months or so.
This hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and steadfast, and which enters the Presence behind the veil

8) I love when I'm at home at night and my face feels just a little bit warm, because it's a reminder to be thankful for all the sun where I am right now.

9) I am obsessed with being on the roof of our school, the Baobab Center. I mean, really truly obsessed. Photos may not explain it to you, but it certainly does for me.





Jamm ag jamm (peace to me and peace to you)

No comments:

Post a Comment