Monday, January 16, 2012

How To: Bucket Shower

I’ll lighten things up a bit here.

I’ve spent the last week learning this art and I thought I’d enlighten my readers, just in case you ever find yourself without a shower or like to conserve water.

Pros: Saves water, I think it takes less time, you certainly waste less time, and it’s weirdly fun like being a kid again

Cons: This, I hope, will make itself obvious.

1) Go to bathroom wrapped in a towel
2) Grab bucket
3) Fill bucket from spout in kitchen area
4) Grab measuring cup/pitcher
5) Return to bathroom and hang towel
6) Dunk hair in bucket
7) Use measuring cup to wet body
8) Shampoo hair, soap body
9) Use measuring cup to rinse soap
10) Use measuring cup to rinse shampoo
11) Dunk hair in bucket (this sounds redundant, but you don’t want to get the water super sudsy)
12) Condition hair
13) Dunk hair (now it’s ok because you’re done)
14) Grab towel, dry yourself and you’re good to go (after clothes of course)

I hope this was informative. I sure wish I’d had this handy guide. It took some experimentation to figure out the best way to go about actually feeling clean, but this is working for me now. 4 months from now, when I don’t want to get on the plane, I’ll just keep telling myself that I can take a bath when I get home. I’m not sure that will be enough, though.

And I apologize if this was an over share /no one actually wants to hear about my shower situation. Please just pretend this post never happened.

1 comment:

  1. This skill has been very useful to me more than once...

    ReplyDelete