Saturday, January 7, 2012

Bed Nets and Jet Lag

I'm very spoiled right now with constant internet. This may change once I move in with my host family.

A friend of mine who travels overseas a lot said that if I could stay awake until nighttime, jet lag would be a non-issue. Easier said than done. I was given a lot of time to rest yesterday, and though I wouldn't feel tired, the more I laid down the less I wanted to get up. I was also fed a lot of really good food. And yes, somehow I did make it until about 9pm. That's very early, especially here, but I really hadn't slept and I wanted to be functional when the other students got here.

Getting the mosquito net situated was interesting. For some reason I had difficulty spreading it out in way that would be comfortable to lay under...not as simple as you might think. I found it a little challenging to fall asleep, even though I was so tired, because of the net and the noise outside my window. The mosque is not far from my building and there was a lot of singing/chanting last night. Early this morning, I heard the call to prayer. I wrote a lot in my journal yesterday about wanting to meet other Christians and hear their stories.

I got this verse this morning:
Behold, I have made your face strong against their faces, and your forehead strong against their foreheads. Ezekiel 3:8

No comments:

Post a Comment