Thursday, January 19, 2012

Two Lists

Last night, I decided to dedicate two pages of my journal to ongoing lists of "Things I Will Miss" and "Things That Will Bring Me Home", to be updated as I think of things. I'll post it here every few weeks or so, whatever works.

Things I Will Miss: the weather, value of family, speaking French, proximity to the beach, my family, Wolof jokes, long walk to school, proximity to beach, super fresh orange juice, greeting everyone, long lunch break, Dakar time, Pape Samba, eating around the bowl, "we share it", the air, rooftop of Baobab center, corporate worship in French, ananas, fresh bread, buying fruit in the street, being constantly pushed to think about new things & in new way, attaya, ceeb u jeen, hot yogurt-rice-banana soup, baobab everything, tampico, fluid concept of time, the baobab center/staff/everyone who comes, jumping in the ocean during/after a run

Things That Will Bring Me Home: friends & family, breakfast food (eggs, pancakes, waffles, EVERYTHING breakfast), BCXC (BCTF), guitar, baths/clean bathroom, Rock Valley Chapel, desire to share what I've learned with others, wearing shorts, legit coffee/my coffee maker

Seeing as I still have a long time here, it's good that there's much more that I will miss than I will look forward to having when I come back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment