Wednesday, January 4, 2012

In His Hands

On Friday morning, around 8am, I'll be heading to the airport to embark on an incredible journey. A part of me is still in awe. The other is surprised and my own wonder. I've been planning this for over a year, when I started filling out my application for the program. Yes, despite the fact that I've been talking about Senegal for this long, it didn't feel real until recently. There were bursts of excitement at getting approved and buying plane tickets and learning Wolof, sure.

It was last week, though, when I picked up my anti-malaria pills that it all started to sink in. And all week I've woken up in the morning thinking, "I am going to be on the other side of the world in 6...5...4... days" And although this has bred some tremendous excitement, it's also fostered nerves.

So when a friend called to see if it would be a good time to have the gov team pray for me, I eagerly accepted. It reassured my comfort not only in the Lord's presence and provision, but in His plan. It just makes me so excited to be a part of it.

Just wanted to share this verse that I read that I think goes along with all my feelings quite well:

"For I will surely deliver you, and you shall not fall by the sword; but your life shall be as a prize to you, because you have put your trust in Me,” says the LORD. Jeremiah 39:18

I will trust Him

No comments:

Post a Comment