Monday, January 23, 2012

Tu Es Saint (You are holy)

An acquaintance recently blogged about a song by Nichole Nordeman, with a lyric that says: "What can I bring? What can these poor hands Lay at the feet of the King?"

This is something I've been thinking about a lot lately. I submitted a request to work with Partners International here in Senegal, and as I did so I was wondering what I could even do. Sure I speak French, but that's not anything extra; it's an essential. In the end, I decided to write honestly that I didn't know what I had to offer, except that I was totally open to whatever the Holy Spirit is doing/is going to do here.

I've been walking down the street singing French worship music to myself, and one of the first ones I'd found was Ouvre les Yeux de mon Coeur (Open the Eyes of my Heart). To make the syllables work out, in the French translation the last bridge says "You are holy, You are holy; You are holy, You are holy; You are holy, You are holy; I want to see You" I've been thinking about how God isn't any less big or less holy even though I'm in a place where most people don't recognize it. Jesus is still Lord and He is at work here.

All I can do is be ready to go where and when He calls.

No comments:

Post a Comment