Sunday, July 7, 2013

So many good things

Today was an even better day than expected! 

It started off with a (google+) hangout with Alissa and Betsy. It was nice to see their beautiful faces. Cindy even made a cameo appearance once or twice. 

Then I had church, which is my favorite part of just about every Sunday, so obviously it was great. I even had people to sit with today that I actually knew! 

Afterwards, we grilled out. I had brought mango salsa this time, and it was a hit. Although when people saw me, they asked if I'd brought the biscuits again. It was fun meeting some new people and also talking with some I'd met on Thursday or casually on previous Sundays. 

Then, some of the girls decided we didn't want it to end. So I took Gab home with me and we made a little more salsa and hung out before heading over to the rooftop of an apartment complex. You can see all of downtown Seattle. But what was extra great about this is these girls all wanted to read. Courtney, Victoria, Erin, Gab - you are wonderful! The boys who actually live in the building - Trent, Craig, Dillon, and Ian- disrupted us briefly to ask us what we were reading, snag some salsa, and then Craig told the other guys I was into Shai Linne and Lecrae and such and that got them all fired up. They eventually left us in peace and it was lovely.

Then, I came home. On Sundays I usually cook a bunch of black beans for the week because they're time consuming. I cooked some chicken with coconut oil and curry powder, added some of the black beans and topped it with the salsa. It might be my favorite meal I've made so far. 



Then Emily came home and we talked about an outing to Rattlesnake Ledge with Sandy and maybe Cat if she wants and Gab was interested too. 

In short, great day with great people. But vacation is over. So I go back to work tomorrow, and this time it's for real. 

No comments:

Post a Comment