Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Hey

Kate, you haven't blogged in several days. 

Yeah, I know but I promise nothing all that interesting has happened. This week especially, everyone I know has felt just very tired and whiny. Like I go home and my roommates and I just complain. And then we do things like celebrate wine Wednesday on Tuesday and get 10% off at Hagen das for answering their dumb trivia question correctly. 



I made this chicken salad. It's pretty much the best one I've ever made. I baked the chicken in olive oil, salt, pepper and penzey's bouquet garnis. I also cooked macaroni shells. Then I added some mayonnaise, celery, red onion and pepper. Yup, delicious. 


I also made a coffee cake this morning. I have Tuesday and Wednesday mornings off usually so I like to cook in order to feel productive. Except usually I cook actual foods like meat or black beans or lentils or lasagna that I can refrigerate and eat later. 

This morning I talked to Betsy on the phone. We learned that we both went to the post office yesterday and mailed each other a letter. Weird. My favorite quote was "I ate lettuce. You can't keep buying me shots". 

Oh, and I got to text Liztowne because she is no longer in Germany! She made it home! And soon she's coming to me to establish our new home. 



I ate an avocado at Starbucks. I am addicted to avocados. But grocery outlet sells them 2.35 for 2lbs which lasts me at least a week so that's fine with me. And I really didn't want to go home cranky again so I got a green tea. I might also go get a frosty soon. Wait I have coffee cake. That would taste so good with a frosty. 

Sorry this blog post is dumb. At least it exists. 

Oh, but I'm teaching with the preschool in the fall which means I get to work at 50% of the 4 SGA gyms. These two are two blocks apart from each other. The other ones are further away, really. The thought popped in my head to become a fully certified preschool teacher. Not right away, but maybe eventually. I am really really loving that age group. I've taught it before and it was pretty good but SGA just has a lot more space and equipment for them so it's really fun. 

One more thing: 
Emily is 9 and is part of our program at the community center. 

Me: Emily, do you have any brothers or sisters? 

Emily: nope, only child. 

Contemplates. 

Emily: do you have any children? 

Me: No! Not yet, silly. 

Emily: hmm. Well do you have a boyfriend? 

Me: nope. 

Emily thinks hard about this one and asks, do you have a husband? 

Geeze. Half my kids think I'm 17 and the other half think I'm 35. 


1 comment:

  1. I liked this post! So excited to see you soon.
    preschool is my favorite age group too. And it's true, I've always found that kids either think you're 16 or 30. Nothing exists in between.

    ReplyDelete