Sunday, July 28, 2013

My Soul Will Dance

If blogger had a feeling function like Facebook does now, mine would say feeling joyful. 

Yesterday I had an impromptu dance party with some of the girls from the gym while waiting for it to be class time. Their ages ranged from 2-9 and it was the kind of thing that makes your soul smile. 

Today our pastor was talking about how we shouldn't feel like we have to read our Bibles or spend time with The Lord because it's the right thing to do; we should desire Him because He is good and He loves us. He talked about thinking like a child and enjoying God in the most basic ways. He urged us to wander into the awe of God

Working with kids has certainly softened my heart to the awe-factor of The Lord. 

I thought about all this as I listened to Where The Love Lasts Forever. It's such a gospel song, so freeing. 

Your mercy found me 
Upon a broken road
Lifted me beyond my failings
Into Your glory
My sin and shamed dissolved

And now forever Yours I'll stand
In love never to end
To call You more than Lord, 
Glorious Friend

So I'll throw my life on all that You are
'Cause I know You gave it all for me
And when all else fades my soul will dance
With You, where the Love lasts forever

And forever I will sing 
Lord forever I will sing
How you gave Your life away
Just to save me
Lord you save me 


And with all that mulling in my head, I read the first story in the Jesus Storybook Bible; here's the first sentence, 

"God wrote 'I love you' - he wrote it in the sky, and on the earth, and under the sea. He wrote his message everywhere. Because God created everything in his world to be like a mirror- to show us what he is like, to help us know him, to make our hearts sing" 

And to provide a place for our souls to dance. 

No comments:

Post a Comment