Saturday, July 13, 2013

Another Winner


Garlic and lime salmon on a bed of curried lentils and veggies. 

Earlier this week, I accidentally cooked a boatload of lentils. So I've been coming up with some creative ways to use them. For lunch one day, I curried a batch and added broccoli and corn (delicious!). Another day, I mixed them with black beans, corn, red pepper, and red onion as burrito filling (and cheese and avocado of course). 

Today, I went to grocery outlet after work and saw there was salmon on sale (also 8 avocados for a dollar! Crazy). I didn't have a plan for the fish, but it sounded good so I picked it up. 

Then tonight, a light bulb went off. I cooked the salmon in olive oil, pressed garlic, salt and pepper and topped it with lime juice and cilantro (both left over from the salsa making last week) and set it on the reheated lentils. It was super good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment