Friday, July 5, 2013

Fire(works)

Call me a hater, but fireworks are not my thing. They're pretty I guess, but they're basically all the same and I find them quite uninteresting. 

I did, however, go to a great fourth of July party. A couple from my church has a house with a backyard view of Lake Union that is just spectacular. It was fun getting to know some people from church, as well as some others who were just friends and family of members. 




I had never grilled by myself before, and it was a bring your own meat kind of deal. I made pork chops brined and then rubbed in curry, garlic and cayenne. So good! A few new friends tasted my extra chop and said it was good. I also ended up bringing garlic cheddar biscuits, and they were a hit.



This is Lake Union


I spent a lot of time hanging around the fire talking to some cool people. A lot of times, even at church things, people want to talk about anything but God. But that was far from the case here. These people live and breathe the gospel, and it was so natural for us to talk about how the Lord has carried us and is moving in our lives. 


Ok, and here's one fireworks picture. The backyard actually ends in a street, and tons of people lined it to see the show. And this party happens every year, so I know I'll always have a place with a view.

I am tired though. I have not really been staying up past 10:30 so it was a long night for me. Plus being social is kind of exhausting for me and I did that for over 6 hours.


2 comments: