Sunday, February 27, 2011

To Know Him

Yesterday morning, before my track meet, God completely blew my mind with Leviticus and I thought I'd share.

In Leviticus, there are a lot of rules for sacrifice. There is clearly a need for atonement, because the people keep sinning. In verse 17:11, it says, "for it is the blood that maketh an atonement for the soul" Chapter 16 verse 21 says that when the priest takes a goat, all the sins are put onto that goat, and the blood of the slaughter makes the people clean before God. And, it says that only the high priest can make an atonement for all of his people:

And there shall be no man in the tabernacle of the congregation when he goeth in to make an atonement in the holy place, until he come out, and have made an atonement for himself, and for his household, and for all the congregation of Israel. 16:17

Isn't this incredible?! Look at it. It's a parallel (precursor) to Calvary, and it's getting me so excited. The Lord transferred all of our sins onto the perfect Savior Jesus Christ, who faced the cross alone, redeeming the entire world.

I was telling my friend that the more I read and learn in the New Testament, the more exciting the Old Testament is, and then the circle just never ends. Jesus was in the beginning (John 1:1), always has been, and always will be. He is there from Genesis to Revelation, our Savior, the lover of the world. I crave knowing more. Every day the Lord shows me something new about who He is, and there is nothing I love more than getting to know Jesus.




I want to know Christ—yes, to know the power of his resurrection and participation in his sufferings, becoming like him in his death. Philippians 3:10

“I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” Revelation 1:18

No comments:

Post a Comment