Friday, February 25, 2011

Get Up

This is the weekend of indoor conference for track and field. It's a really exciting time, and even though I don't compete until tomorrow, I have those positive nerves running around in me. I woke up to Superchick's "Get Up" stuck in my head, a song a haven't listened to in years. There are so many great lines, but the one I want to look at here is "I know I'll fall again but I can win this in the end"

Does that describe humanity to the T or what? We are not perfect and sinless. There was only one of those, and His name is Jesus Christ. He never fell. He was so high and devoted in HIs relationship with our Father that even when tempted, He didn't give in. And so God also highly exalted HIm (Philippians 2:9-11). But us, we want to know our Lord; He created us with a hole only He can fill, but we can't stop sinning.

But.

It wasn't enough to have our God step down and live a perfect life. He died an excruciating death so that we too could be raised up and enter the Kingdom of God forever. In Christ, we are already victors. We have nothing to fear, and even if our world is trying to get us down, we will win this in the end, because the battle's already over. Our failures do not count against us, and if we turn to the Lord and Savior, He will carry us through.





For though a righteous man falls seven times, he rises again, but the wicked are brought down by calamity. Proverbs 24:16

Do not gloat over me, my enemy! Though I have fallen, I will rise. Though I sit in darkness, the LORD will be my light. Micah 7:8

Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through Him that loved us. Romans 8:37

No comments:

Post a Comment