Wednesday, February 9, 2011

See You

It's no coincidence that the title of this post is also the title of Josh Wilson's new album. I downloaded it early this morning, and the Lord has used it to completely save my day. I was in such a drained state of being, with incredible low confidence and high fatigue. But I've been playing that album straight through all day and it has helped me see the work of the cross more vividly in my life.

Next week a speaker is coming to campus to talk about how doubt is a natural and even essential part of faith. Today showed me how true that really is. The more I doubted who I was and what I was doing, the more I had to look at who I am in Christ. I had to run further into God's arms and really look at what He's doing in my life. I am God's child, Christ's friend, God's co-worker, and free from any charge against me (John 1:12, John 15:15, 1 Corinithians 3:9, Romans 8:31-34). I was completely at the end of myself, but when I was about to fall off the edge, I stepped instead into everything I needed - the comfort and aid of the Lord.

This is my favorite song right now. I think I've listened to it at least a dozen times today.



"When you get all the way to the end of your rope and there ain’t nothing you can do, that’s when God takes over"
Denver Moore, Same Kind of Different as Me

Lord, I thank You so much for bringing me to this point where I had to run into Your arms. Everything was coming crashing down around me, but You were there and ready to take me much further. You know all that I need, and sometimes I need things I don't think I want. But You, God, are so faithful and so good to provide. You search my heart and know what I'm ready for, Lord. My times are Yours. I am so in love with You, Jesus. You were willing to die for me, and now Your Spirit reigns inside of me. I need You to be in control of my life so I might be free and holy. I praise You with my life and everything I have. It's never going to be enough, but it is all I have. Amen.

You are my God. My times are in Your Hands... from Psalm 31:14-15

I the LORD search the heart and examine the mind, to reward each person according to their conduct, according to what their deeds deserve. Jeremiah 17:10

No comments:

Post a Comment