Monday, February 14, 2011

Beloved

I love Valentine's Day. I love thinking about all the wonderful people in my life. And I love hearing everyone talk about love, because God is love (1 John 4:8).

I may be single, but that doesn't mean I don't have the greatest love that anyone has ever known. My beloved is the Beloved Son of God. I have found the one my heart will love (Song of Solomon 3:4). Last night I pulled out my guitar and wrote a love song to Him.

My love, my hope, my all in all
I wanted You to know
That You're the one I adore
And this love always grows

Dear Jesus, sweet Jesus,
It's me You died for
Your love is all I need
My heart's forever Yours.
Dear Jesus, sweet Jesus,
It's You I'm longing for
Your love is all I need
My heart's forever Yours.

You're the One who hears me
And whispers in my ear
You hold my hand and walk with me,
Drawing ever near.

Dear Jesus, sweet Jesus
It's me You died for
Your love is all I need
My heart's forever Yours.
Dear Jesus, sweet Jesus
It's You I'm longing for
Your love is all I need
My heart's forever Yours.

"Be" means "I am". "I am" is a name for God" Beloved. God loved. For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. John 3:16 Jesus gave everything He had just to make us His.



Oh Lord, You are my absolutely everything. What I have to give is never going to be enough, but I want to give You all I am. You have swept me off my feet and into Your glory. How dearly blessed I am to be loved by the very definition of the word! Amen

But now, O Israel, the Lord who created you says: 'Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name, you are Mine" Isaiah 43:1

How great is the love the Father has lavished on us, that we should be called children of God. 1 John 3:1

No comments:

Post a Comment