Friday, February 4, 2011

Pole Vault Pains and God's Glory

I have some pretty tough back problems due to an old cheerleading injury and a lifetime of gymnastics. For the past few years it comes in waves - sometimes nothing, sometimes a lot. When I pole vault, it's typically aggravated the most when I'm doing something wrong, which is quite the incentive to fix the problem.

But this week, I've had some of my best vaults in a long time, and my back has been absolutely killing me. Today I had all of my teammates watch me, and no matter what we did or how good the vaults looked, my back still ached. It's truly a mystery.

Sometimes, life hurts. We may be doing everything "right" and it may even look good on some level, but there can still be pain. All that I can say is that we have to trust that God has a plan through the midst of our hurt. He is, after all, the ultimate healer. Maybe we have to let our comfortable lives get broken so that we may be a little more aware of the healing that we are so desperately in need of. Maybe there are clues somewhere in our lives that are pointing to the cracks that need to be filled up by the blood and Spirit of a Savior. I never want to settle just because things are going pretty well. I want to experience God's greatness on a higher level every single day. I want to wake up to an enchanted life and be excited by even the smallest things in my day, because they are all gifts from my Father. I don't want to be plagued by pain; I want to see past it into what God is trying to show me.

The more I write and really lean on the Lord in this post, I can tell how He's giving me a physical manifestation of my own brokenness. I know He wants me to open myself up to Him even more; He needs all of me. He needs me to recognize I can't do this unless I love my Lord with all my heart, mind, strength, and soul and proclaim with all of my being "long live the King!"



Lord, take my life and let it be all for You. Thank You for showing me my great need for You. You have done so much for me, and I want yo live completely in You. To Jesus I am eternally bowing down, for He bore my sin, pain, sorrow and death, so I wouldn't have to. Step by step, I will follow You and live for You glory. Amen.

Praise be to the Lord, to God our Savior, who daily bears our burdens. Psalm 68:19

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength. Mark 12:30

They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers. Revelation 17:14

No comments:

Post a Comment