Sunday, February 6, 2011

I Will Believe

Today, for a class, I had to visit a different church. Since I was in a bit of mental, emotional, and spiritual lowness, I was quite sulky about it. I wanted to go to my church, where everyone knows me and the children run to embrace me. I wrote in my journal how I knew the importance of giving thanks in all circumstances (1 Thessalonians 5:18), but it didn’t feel genuine.

The Lord flipped me upside down this morning, that’s for sure. From the moment we sat down in the pews, I could feel God’s presence. The congregation was tiny, but they sang and prayed with the full joy of the Lord. Their great love for Christ moved me to tears. There is no better remedy for the soul than to join in worship with a fellowship of sincere hearts. God used their great faith to touch my life and renew a steadfast spirit within me.




Thank You oh Lord for providing for me. Help me to truly believe that You are here with me, ready to raise me up to so much more than I could ever think possible. In my weakness You are strong; in my darkness You are the light. I thank You for coming to earth to die to show us the message of Your love for us. Your faithfulness echoes through the ages and I praise You with all that I am, giving thanks to Your great name through my Savior Jesus Christ.

For as heaven is higher than earth, so My ways are higher than your ways, and My thoughts higher than your thoughts. For just as rain and snow fall from heaven, and do not return there without saturating the earth, and making it germinate and sprout and providing seed to sow and food to eat, so My word that comes from my mouth will not return to Me empty, but it will accomplish what I please, and will prosper in what I send it to do. You will indeed go out with joy and be peacefully guided; the mountains and the hills will break into singing before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. Isaiah 55: 9-12

No comments:

Post a Comment