Thursday, February 3, 2011

Paperclips and Power

I sort of got challenged to write a blog post about paperclips; I thank the Lord for giving me words that actually might mean something.

I love paperclips. I am the only person I know who keeps them in their backpack, but it really makes sense to me. Staplers are bulky and can make readings harder to do. Paperclips are small, light, and easily removed. In my highly biased opinion, they are incredibly valuable.

Do you know something that God finds incredibly valuable? Us! He loves us so much and He put us all here on this earth for His pleasure and His use. We’re so small, insignificant in the grand scope of the universe, but He still loves us and wants to work with us.

The bad thing about paperclips is that they are easily bent out of shape and they sometimes stray from their pages. The only way they stay perfect is by a human hand guiding them and making sure they stay put. And while they’re nice to have, we could certainly get on without them.

Well look at us. We sin. We wander away from the Lord. We mess things up. But God’s hands are on us, molding us, and holding us so that we might stay on His path doing His will. It is so important for us to realize that God doesn’t need any of us. He doesn’t need us to be pastors, or worship leaders or Bible study hosts so that people can know the name of Jesus; He can reveal Himself to anyone in any way He chooses. But He’s chosen His people – us. Those tiny little paperclips on the history of the world are supposed to make a difference for Christ and His Kingdom. In all of our smallness and weakness, we will find the power of our God to be enough for us.




But He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Therefore, I will most gladly boast all the more about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may reside in me. So because of Christ, I am pleased in weaknesses, in insults, in catastrophes, in persecutions, and in pressures. For when I am weak, then I am strong. 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

No comments:

Post a Comment