Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Restoration

This week has been pretty nice. The Lord blessed me with extreme efficiency, giving me a low-key week to follow the insanity of last week.

He continued His work today. I went to the local Christian school to talk with someone about National Day of Prayer events, and there are some good things in the works. He invited me to stay for their chapel service, a weekly event. Since I didn't have anything pressing to do, I said sure. With some worship and then a few Bible readings, sermon, and prayer, it was pretty basic. But in its simplicity, I left feeling so uplifted, so refreshed, so restored. I loved being surrounded by all the students, encouraged by the fact that they are being taught to love Christ and follow His will. Sure, many of them were less than attentive, but I treasured seeing the ones hanging on every word, truly digging into their Bibles.

I have truly felt God restoring me, and I am thankful. I know, too, that He has plans for me and that this is a time of preparation for what is to come. I felt very tired and plain worn out after last week's craziness, but I can feel God bringing me back to life through the heart of Jesus Christ. He is taking what is broken and ultimately useless and crafting it for His purpose. Only the Lord knows what He is doing, but I know that He is working for my well-being (Romans 8:28).



Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit. Psalm 51:12

And the LORD shall guide thee continually, and satisfy thy soul in drought, and make fat thy bones: and thou shalt be like a watered garden, and like a spring of water, whose waters fail not. Isaiah 58:11

No comments:

Post a Comment