Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Kingdom Sisters

Last summer, I spent 6 1/2 weeks in ministry with Generations of Virtue. People who have heard me talk about the experience know that it meant the world to me, and I can't even describe how grateful I am for the opportunity to share the glory of an intimate relationship with Christ with so many teens and parents. But even more than that, and personal growth, was the family I gained. People I knew for only a short time showed me such unconditional love, and love in abundance. Leaving there was so difficult, because I had no idea when I was ever going to see this new family again.

Well, tomorrow, I'm going to be seeing at least a few of them, and I can't believe it. It feels so unreal to me. I'm spending my spring break doing a few conferences with them, and it feels like the day before my internship all over again. Only this time, I know that I love them and it makes it so much sweeter.

The Lord has welcomed me graciously into His family, and it's a big one. Whether it's dinner, a walk, or an awesome Bible study with my girls here on campus or my beautiful GOV sisters, I know I have been blessed. We are sisters in Christ's Kingdom, and I simply say thank You to my Lord. (I have awesome Kingdom brothers too, but I've talked about that a little before!)

I know this song is technically for couples, but God did give me all of you!



I thank my God upon every remembrance of you, always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy, for your fellowship in the gospel from the first day until now. Philippians 1:3-5

No comments:

Post a Comment