Thursday, August 30, 2012

A Random Post

With all the traveling I've been doing the last few years (not an outlandish amount, but definitely more than the rest of my life) I thought I'd share a few weird slightly off things I wouldn't dare leave home without.

- Athletic tape. I've been an athlete all my life, and athletic tape can really help you out, whether it's soreness in your knees, ankles, wrists, arches, achilles, or just a blister that won't quit rubbing.

- Stamps and envelopes. You could buy them anywhere, but bringing them along gives me no excuses not to write.

- Starbucks Via. You just never know when you'll need some good coffee.

- Umbrella. I bring one everywhere! Megan made fun of me on my GOV internship for being the first intern to bring her own umbrella. And guess what? When we were stuck running through the pouring rain, that umbrella served us well.

- For a longer trip, journals for the last year of my life. They serve as such strong encouragement, and even entertainment.

- A set of different colored pens or markers. When I was 8, I read in American Girl Magazine that you should not write in your journal in the same color every day. I have faithfully stuck by this principle ever since.

- Leg warmers. I'm a freak, what can I say? I became known for them at track meets, because I absolutely detest pole vaulting in pants, but leg warmers still keep your legs warm while allowing your coach to see your body better (and what it's doing). Plus they're super easy to take off over spikes. They're also good for buses or other times you randomly get just a little bit cold.

I think that about covers all the odd stuff. Anyone else?

Bonus: one thing many people bring but I NEVER do.

A pillow. I don't use pillows; in fact I toss them right off the bed, so that's one item that's never made it to my packing list.

2 comments:

  1. Nail clippers: It never fails the times I forget them I break a nail. And no I am not one of those girly girls who freaks out when I break a nail it is just annoying because then it is sharp and I scratch myself and other people. Not on purpose of course! ;)

    One of my "guy friends" always has bobby pins in his wallet. Because he was tired of hearing girls complianing that they don't have bobby pins to fix the hair that is falling out. So then he could just give them his bobby pins so they will stop complaining. Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thought everyone brought nail clippers! Those are a permanent fixture in my make up bag. I like the bobby pins thing. That's great. I wish I knew a guy like that.

    ReplyDelete