Thursday, August 30, 2012

One Way Ticket

My bags are more or less packed, errands have been run, and now I await my early morning departure on Saturday. I have never purchased a one way ticket like this, not knowing exactly when I'll be coming home. I thought it would make me stressed and nervous, but it's so exciting! In all likelihood, I will be returning here around Thanksgiving time, but not knowing for sure has put me in a place to rely on God and trust in His timing. I will cheer on my cross country teammates from afar and stalk all their results compulsively. It's nice that even though I'm not on campus, I'm still stateside this time. It makes communication much easier and cheaper. I do have some international stamps with Liztowne's name on them though, and my mom gave me a stationary kit she found and has no use for. I love writing letters, so if you want one, shoot me your address/box number (Beloiters) and I'll try to write you at least once.

I am so beyond excited for this semester, and for the opportunities and blessings the Lord has bestowed upon me. I've never been to upstate New York in the fall, and I've heard awesome things about it, so I'm pumped for that, as well as the time to work on my thesis, and to minister to young adults. Of course there's also the typical excitement about being a senior, and I'm a nerd so I'm looking forward to picking out my last classes the first week of November. Then there will be applying for jobs, and before I know it, looking for housing and all those other details that come with graduating. But for now, I'm going to try to take it one day at a time, and enjoy the spirit of adventure that my one way ticket has given me.


6 comments:

  1. Awesome Kate, I know God will bless you on your one way ticket adventure! So excited for you and can't wait to see you in NY.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited to see you! It's been a long time. This is actually the longest I've been away from GOV since my internship.

      Delete
  2. Wait, so is the J127 program a year long thing or 9-weeks? I have heard it both ways. I am very confused.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The program is 9 weeks, but since I'm helping to lead it, I'm going early and staying late. I'm spending a full year away from college, though, because I was in Senegal for the spring term and will be with GOV for the fall. I will be going back to finish my degrees in January, and graduate in May. I am getting a full semester's worth of credit for this fall, and I did for the spring as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh! Wow! That is so cool Kate! That is so exciting!

    ReplyDelete