Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Discomfort

I was listening to a sermon the other day, and the pastor was talking about sex and the covenant of marriage. Great. But then it got really personal. Too personal, if you ask me. In my opinion he was too explicit and open in talking about his (sexual) relationship with his wife. It made me incredibly uncomfortable. If I were his wife, I would feel embarrassed, hurt, and dishonored. The marriage bed is supposed to be shared by two people - the two people actually involved. The whole reason that there is such trust and intimacy is because each person is bound only to the other. There isn't supposed to be a whole audience, and it's not a competition. It's still bothering me two days later, so clearly it does not feel right to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment