Monday, August 27, 2012

Jesus Sympathizes With Us

For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:15-16 

A lot of chaos in my life right now...home things...not being at home things...moving things...school things...school messing up things...sister things...parents things...friends things...church things...goodbye things...packing things...planning things


So things are a bit crazy. 

Pastor Tim asked me this morning how I was. After another poor night of sleep, I could only reply with one of my favorite Tozer quotes, 


“As long as Christ sits on the mediatorial throne, every day is a good day and all days are days of salvation”



But more importantly, I've been burying myself in God's word 

Biblegateway.com had the perfect verse of the day for me: 

You keep him in perfect peace
    whose mind is stayed on you,
    because he trusts in you.
Isaiah 26:3 

but you, O Lord, are on high forever. Psalm 92:8 

 Blessed be the Lord!
    For he has heard the voice of my pleas for mercy.
The Lord is my strength and my shield;
    in him my heart trusts, and I am helped;
my heart exults,
    and with my song I give thanks to him. Psalm 28:6-7

But he is unchangeable, and who can turn him back?
    What he desires, that he does.
14 For he will complete what he appoints for me,
    and many such things are in his mind. Job 23:13-14


1 comment: