Monday, October 21, 2013

What Do You Do When They're Bad

I went to an autumn evening party this weekend. There were classy conversation stirring games, mason jars for guests to personalize for their drinks, adult apple cider, wine, a whiskey tasting and mood lighting and decor. Would you believe me if I told you 5 dudes one year out of college put it on? 

Anyway, I didn't know most of the people there. Some people I knew of but hadn't really talked to before. I mustered up just about every once of extrovert I have and talked to some new people. I was talking to this one guy who works at Microsoft and of course he asked me about my job. I love my children so I tend to gush about them. I said something like, "even when they're bad, I just love them" 

And he asked, "what do you so when they're bad?" 

I was struck by this question because I don't think it's been asked of me before. I explained the different times of poor behavior and their solutions. 

And I thought about what God did

He loved us. He was rich in mercy. 

He reached down 

He came 

Jesus

Jesus was and is God's answer to a rebellious heart and world. 

I do what my Jesus does for me: pursue, lead, love, extend grace upon grace upon grace. 

No comments:

Post a Comment