Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Again

I am shamelessly in love with the book of Hosea. I read it at least once a week, often more than once. It whispers gospel with its every breath. 

Hosea + Gomer= 

God + Israel = 

Jesus + Me. 

It's that simple. And maybe it's harder to see if you haven't loved the written word and poured over it, but I see Jesus on every page. The whisper of the gospel has become as shouting to my heart. 

Just look at chapter 11 verse 4: 

I led them with cords of kindness, with bands of love, and I became to them as one who eases the yoke on their jaws, and I bent down to them and fed them. 

Does that sound like Jesus or what? 

The woman who came to draw water and was drawn by living water instead

Come to me for my yoke is easy

I am the bread of life

My heart just melts and I won't even read the rest of the chapter tonight because I'm resting in awe of the love and tenderness my Jesus has shown me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment