Friday, October 25, 2013

A Picture of Heaven?

Today I was reading about the woman with the flow of blood in Mark 5, whom Jesus healed. I hadn't thought much of this story before. But last spring, Pastor Tim preached on it. And I read about it in the Jesus Storybook Bible. And then I read the Holiness of God (Sproul). And today I was reading Mark 5, and the "after" really got to me:

But the woman, knowing what had been down for her, though alarmed and frightened and trembling, fell down before Him and told Him the whole truth? And He said to her, Daughter your faith (your trust and confidence in Me, springing from faith in God) has restored you to health. Go in (into) peace and be continually healed and freed from your [distressing bodily] disease. Mark 5:33-34

I read it and wondered if this is what will happen in heaven, when we meet Jesus face to face. When we reach that kingdom, the kingdom of life, and are restored, won't we at least really understand what has been done for us? Will we confess our unworthiness in awe of His greatness? When we bow before the King, won't we be humbled and astonished in Christ's holiness? When there is no more sickness and death, won't we see how our faith has become sight and how God has restored the brokenness? And won't we see how we've been set free from our bodies and pains?

I don't have the answers, but I wouldn't be surprised if her story turns out to be our story.

Thank you, Jesus. 




No comments:

Post a Comment