Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Expectations

Yesterday, I was at a clinic on preschool gymnastics. We were discussing the basics of each preschool class, and filling out a cheat sheet to have in case we were ever asked to substitute a class we aren't used to teaching. 

When discussing the Bees (2 1/2-3 years), Tarah said something that made me catch my breath because it was just so Gospel: 

"Don't expect consistency from them but be sure to offer consistency to them"

We are the two year olds. God knows we can't. That's why he sent Jesus who can. We will fail to consistently love The Lord but he will never fail to consistently love us. 

See 2 Timothy: 

If we are faithless, he remains faithful - for he cannot deny himself. 2:13

And Ephesians: 

And you were dead in the trespasses and sins in which you once walked...But God, being rich in mercy, because of the great love with which he loved us, even when we were dead in our trespasses, made is alive together with Christ - by grace you have been saved - From 2:1-5 

And Romans: 

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us. 5:8

And 1 John:

We love him because he first loved us. 4:19

And of course, Hosea: 

And she did not know that it was I who have her the grain, the wine and the oil and who lavished on her silver and gold which they used for Baal. 2:8

And in that day, declares The Lord, you will call me My Husband, and no longer will you call me My Baal. For I will remove the names of the Baals from her mouth and they shall be remembered by name no more...I will betroth you to me in faithfulness and you shall know The Lord...And I will sow her for myself in the land. And I will have mercy on No Mercy, and I will say to Not My People, You are my people, and he shall say, You are my God. From 2:16-23

God is faithful to us in Christ because he has chosen us and created us and he delights in what he has made. We are a people for himself and God will always be glorified. Like the teacher who remains kind and patient and gracious when her child runs and screams and defies, so The Lord welcomes us when we sin and scorn and reject. 

Amazing. 




No comments:

Post a Comment