Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Today is Tuesday

This morning, I went to breakfast. I usually eat on my own, but today I met up with friends.  One of them said, "Hey guys, tomorrow's Wednesday already".

But today is Tuesday.

It's before 9am on Tuesday, and you're already pushing forward to Wednesday? Do we not rush through life enough as it is? We press on to what is next without savoring what is right now.

"I cannot think of a single advantage I've ever gained from being in a hurry. But a thousand broken and missed things, tens of thousands, lie in the wake of all the rushing...Through all that haste I though I was making up time. It turns out I was throwing it away. In our rushing, bulls in china shops, we break our own lives" Ann Voskamp 

For how great is his goodness, and how great his beauty! Zechariah 9:17a 

For he who is mighty has done great things for me, and holy is his name. Luke 1:49

The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. Psalm 16:6

The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places. Today is Tuesday, and the lines are certainly falling for me in pleasant places.

Today is

- A worship schedule at last

- A goofy worship pastor's email

- Sensitivity to negative attitudes, my own and others'

- Matching bacon/peanut butter/apple sandwiches

- Friends talking over one another, because we can still understand each other and being slightly obnoxious is our love language

- Having your worship pastor tell you that you have a nice voice and will be singing more, when you are convinced that is false

- A 3 minute conversation somehow spread over 20 minutes

- Library run before class, for next class's homework

- Getting off campus to the land of godly women, precious, creative, spunky little girls, charming teen boys, and worship teams not afraid of laughter

- Burritos with fresh salsa

- Knowing your paper is just about done

- Being prepared to discuss your thesis at the next meeting

- I believe You're my healer/Jesus, You're all I need

- Friends who are like family

- Hours of gifts stretched out before me, waiting to be discovered

Today is Tuesday

No comments:

Post a Comment