Sunday, February 24, 2013

Background

There may be a slew of posts coming. I was in the fun towns of Galesburg, IL and wherever Monmouth College is (Monmouth? who knows) all weekend doing sports. I had a season best, which is the same height I jumped my sophomore year of high school. Meh, but it's fine. In any event, I didn't bring my computer because I hate traveling with my computer in general, and especially to track meets. Not worth it. Plus with a smart phone and a kindle, it's overkill for a two-day trip.



This is the background on my computer. I see it copious times per day, and though I've heard the quote a thousand times, I was reflecting on it in my journal on Friday 


Maybe this quote is over done, and maybe I think about it too much, but I love it. I love thinking about what it means to be satisfied in the Lord. When I am satisfied in Christ, I am not afraid. God is glorified in my trust in His faithfulness. When I am satisfied, my heart sings praise. God is glorified in worship of spirit and truth. When I am satisfied, I can love my neighbor because I have no other needs - I can meet theirs. God is glorified when His commandments are obeyed. The more satisfied I am in my Savior, the more His glory is revealed in and through me. How amazing the grace that's brought me here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment