Thursday, January 3, 2013

Resolved

I'm a little late, but I needed time to think.

In fact, I still need a minute, so I'm going to share some of my favorites of the famed Resolutions of Jonathan Edwards,

6. Resolved, to live with all my might, while I do live.

22. Resolved, to endeavor to obtain for myself as much happiness, in the other world, as I possibly can, with all the power; might, vigor, and vehemence, yea violence, I am capable of, or can bring myself to exert, in any way that can be thought of.

17. Resolved, that I will live so as I shall wish I had done when I come to die.

33. Resolved, always to do what I can towards making, maintaining, establishing and preserving peace, when it can be without over-balancing detriment in other respects.

59. Resolved, when I am most conscious of provocations to ill nature and anger, that I will strive most to feel and act good-naturedly; yea, at such times, to manifest good nature, though I think that in other respects it would be disadvantageous, and so as would be imprudent at other times. 

I have one serious resolution and one not so serious one. 

The first is to stop allowing others to make me feel guilty for things that are not my fault and that I cannot control. Guilt and shame do not exist in Christ and in Christ, they should not exist in me either. 

The silly one is to stop buying the wrong sized clothes. I have a serious problem of buying a 6 when I'm really a 4. I'm going to knock it off. 

No comments:

Post a Comment