Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Quick Hits


I am too tired for a long drawn out post, but my Bible today was so fascinating!

First off, I am almost done with the French read-through; I'm doing 2 chapters of Hosea (Osee) and 4 of Revelation (Apocalypse) a day. Check out this gem in Revelation 15:4

Who will not fear, O Lord,
    and glorify your name?
For you alone are holy.
    All nations will come
    and worship you,
for your righteous acts have been revealed.



In the French translation, it says "because your justice has been manifested" instead of "for your righteous acts have been revealed". In any event, justice, righteous acts; all the nations are praising God for being who He is. He is just, He is righteous, and it also says He is holy. That is some strength, not some weak fruitcakey God who likes to fill us up with nice sounding fluff. The Lord is praised for all He is, not just the parts that sound fun to us. 




Secondly, John. Some of you know I have a minor obsession with John 6. So I'll try to move it along here. The other day, I talked about living water. Now it's eternal bread:



For the bread of God is he who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world.” They said to him, “Sir, give us this bread always.”
Jesus said to them, “I am the bread of life; whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. John 6:33-35


Also, I've written before about all the followers who turn out to be no more than fans (Not A Fan reference, kids), but I think I forgot to mention why they turned away, the straw that broke the camel's back: 


Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day. For my flesh is true food, and my blood is true drink. Whoever feeds on my flesh and drinks my blood abides in me, and I in him. John 6:54-56


And finally, on election. For this I will give you the amplified: 

And He said, This is why I told you that no one can come to Me unless it is granted him [unless he is enabled to do so] by the Father. John 6:65


Jesus gets that His teachings sound offensive and downright insane. And that's why not al will believe. In fact, that's why no one may believe without being given the ability to do so.  


Also, I raced a thunderstorm home and I won. Then I got to watch it happen. If you ever wondered if pastors can look at you and just know things, they can. I got home and within 2 minutes my pastor looked at me and knew I wanted to be outside watching the storm. "You've just got that storm lover look" 

No comments:

Post a Comment