Friday, July 20, 2012

Knowing God and Living Water - John 7

I had this done yesterday, and it was better, but of course blogger quit and didn't even make me aware of the fact. Ugh.

The Holy Spirit is our source of living water:

Whoever believes in me, as the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’” Now this he said about the Spirit, whom those who believed in him were to receive, for as yet the Spirit had not been given, because Jesus was not yet glorified. John 7:38-39


Without Christ we have no access to the Holy Spirt. But we also have no true access to God. The Law shows us all of our failings and will never lead us to know God: 


So Jesus proclaimed, as he taught in the temple, “You know me, and you know where I come from. But I have not come of my own accord. He who sent me is true, and him you do not know. I know him, for I come from him, and he sent me.” John 7:28-29 


We literally cannot know God without Christ. 


Read Knowing God by JI Packer. It's a great book. 


I forgot the rest of what I said. Probably something about Revelation

No comments:

Post a Comment