Friday, June 29, 2012

Here's The Scoop

It's been a fun last few days. I'm going to be blogging for The127Project, and I'm really excited about that and the whole project. I love writing (clearly....) and I'm naturally on board with their vision, derived from Philippians 1:27

Only let your manner of life be worthy of the gospel of Christ, so that whether I come and see you or am absent, I may hear of you that you are standing firm in one spirit, with one mind striving side by side for the faith of the gospel


I thought I'd give the whole scoop as to how I got involved here. Sit back with your cup of coffee, because it's my blog and I can make this as long as I want to. 


It all started when I was born decided on Beloit College. Relatively new to a life without gymnastics, I found myself without a fall sport for the first time since kindergarten. Track would run January through May, but what to do those first few months? A close friend of mine persuaded me to join the cross country team; I started running over the summer and learned to love running. 


The BCXC (Beloit College Cross Country) is a crazy one, but we love and enjoy each other in a way that is just as unique and special as we are. 


At Privates in St Norbert my sophomore year. Maranatha Baptist Bible College was also competing, and one of their guys, Mason, found some of our guys (in the process of being absolutely ridiculous) and asked if there were any Christians on our team. Quinn and Matt got really excited and ran through the forest with Mason looking to find me. We connected, exchanged contact info, and later met up at Beloit. 


Those specific plans didn't work out, but the next year, I did a politics and religion discussion program through my job on campus and used the contact to form one of the most interesting dialogues I've ever been a part of. These two schools couldn't be more opposite, yet we enjoyed each other's contributions and were provoked to deeper thought. We met up once more with a group from Madison and formed some ties and even better dialogue. 


Well this one kid named Shane just wouldn't leave me alone. Just kidding. He recommended one of the best books I've read this year and yes, we became facebook friends. 


He started reading my blog while I was in Senegal. Which is why I just made fun of him a little. He and some of his guys launched The127Project and immediately started putting up awesome content. 


But they were looking for a female blogger. 


And I'm a female and a blogger. 


It took a bit of persuading because I didn't want to bring the level of what they had going on already down, but here we all are. 


So check it out, and share it and comment on it and learn from it. It's all for the gospel and the glory of Jesus Christ. 







No comments:

Post a Comment