Monday, June 25, 2012

Before the Throne of God Above

Before the Throne of God Above

Before the throne of God above 
I have a strong, a perfect plea 
A great high Priest whose Name is Love 
Who ever lives and pleads for me 
My name is graven on His hands 
My name is written on His heart 
I know that while in heaven He stands 
No tongue can bid me thence depart 
No tongue can bid me thence depart 


When Satan tempts me to despair 
And tells me of the guilt within 
Upward I look and see Him there 
Who made an end to all my sin 
Because the sinless Savior died 
My sinful soul is counted free 
For God the just is satisfied 
To look on Him and pardon me 
To look on Him and pardon me 

Behold Him there the risen Lamb 
My perfect spotless righteousness 
The great unchangeable I am 
The King of glory and of grace 
One with Himself I cannot die 
My soul is purchased by His blood 
My life is hid with Christ on high 
With Christ my Savior and my God! 
With Christ my Savior and my God! 

One with Himself I cannot die 
My soul is purchased by His blood 
My life is hid with Christ on high 
With Christ my Savior and my God! 
With Christ my Savior and my God!


This song is so beautiful because of its strong basis in Scripture - drawing hearts ever closer to God. 


Since then we have a great high priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus, the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need. Hebrews 4:14-16


Consequently, he is able to save to the uttermost those who draw near to God through him, since he always lives to make intercession for them. 
Hebrews 7:25


Behold, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands;
    your walls are continually before me. Isaiah 49:16



Who is to condemn? Christ Jesus is the one who died—more than that, who was raised—who is at the right hand of God, who indeed is interceding for us. Romans 8:34


Simon, Simon, behold, Satan demanded to have you, that he might sift you like wheat, but I have prayed for you that your faith may not fail. And when you have turned again, strengthen your brothers. Luke 22:31-32


But he, full of the Holy Spirit, gazed into heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God. And he said, “Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of Man standing at the right hand of God." 
Acts 7:55-56


And you, who were dead in your trespasses and the uncircumcision of your flesh, God made alive together with him, having forgiven us all our trespasses, by canceling the record of debt that stood against us with its legal demands. This he set aside, nailing it to the cross. Colossians 2:13-14


and are justified by his grace as a gift, through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God put forward as a propitiation by his blood, to be received by faith. This was to show God's righteousness, because in his divine forbearance he had passed over former sins. It was to show his righteousness at the present time, so that he might be just and the justifier of the one who has faith in Jesus. Romans 3:24-26


And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption 1 Corinthians 1:30


Jesus said to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, before Abraham was, I am." John 8:58


Pay careful attention to yourselves and to all the flock, in which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers, to care for the church of God, which he obtained with his own blood. Acts 20:28


For you have died, and your life is hidden with Christ in God. Colossians 3:3


waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ   Titus 2:13

No comments:

Post a Comment