Monday, June 25, 2012

Bear One Another's Burdens

Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ. Galatians 6:2


Last fall, two girls from Georgia came to visit another friend at Beloit. I was introduced to them, naturally, and we hit it off pretty well. 


Well, a little more than pretty well. Christina baked my favorite cookies, and shipped them right to me. This is a wonderful gesture in general, but she didn't just ship them from Georgia to Beloit. No, they went from Georgia all the way to Senegal. You don't do that for someone you just met unless you like them.


Christina's a counselor at a Christian camp in Georgia, Camp All-American. She has such a sweet, honest heart for the Lord and a reliance on Jesus as one who has truly known brokenness. I've been reading her blog on camp, and she's been struggling. She feels tired and defeated. She still loves the Lord and wants the Gospel working in the lives of her campers, but she feels so incapable. 


So last night, I made the decision, that this week, I would wake up at 5:30 and pray for her for a half hour, and then send her any verses or thoughts that she might need for her day (camp starts early, and she's an hour ahead!). 


The sun was a beautiful golden color this morning, and I had such a precious time lifting her up in prayer. It might seem like something crazy - get up at 5:30am for a girl I barely know across the country, but she's more than some girl I met once. She is a sister in Christ, and I am thus compelled to bear her burdens with her, and to share in casting them to Jesus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment